Sunday 18 May 2014

Troika Russian Restaurant - Itaewon, Seoul, South Korea


Troika is known as the best russian restaurant in Seoul, located in a little alley way just off the main drag in Itaewon.

This is the first time I have ever tried russian food, so I am totally excited and a bit unsure of what to expect. 

Rastyagai s Yablokom - Pirogi with apple filling

A russian dumpling which is boiled then baked in butter. The pastry was nice and crisp, soft on the inside but I found the filling was lacking. The taste came mainly from the delicious pastry so I won't complain too much.

Borscht - Traditional russian soup

A great introduction to russian cuisine, this soup is beetroot and tomato based. Comes with a side of sour cream, make sure you gradually add the sour cream and not dump the whole thing in like I did.. Oops! I love sour cream.

Kartoshka po Derevenski

Crispy fried potatoes, pork rinds & a fried egg sunny side up, this was definitely my favourite dish minus the fried egg. The potatoes were so flavoursome and crispy, I couldn't get enough.

Kotleta Pozharskaya

Chopped beef stuffed with cucumber, tomato, and a sour cream sauce. This dish looked strange when it was put infront of me, I kinda looked at it for a few  minutes questioning what I had ordered.

Is it a crepe? Is the meat on the inside? Is it coated in some kind of batter? Finally I dug in and to my suprise the meat was on the outside and this dish was actually really fresh and tasty.

Myaso po-Vostochnomu

Beef roasted with onions and red peppers with tomato sauce, I was wondering why this was ordered because it looks like a stir fry and though it was nice, it tasted just like a stir fry. 



Great little restaurant to visit if you are in Seoul, I would definitely dine here again. Delicious and authentic! 

Check them out[here]


Betty Jane x







No comments:

Post a Comment