Thursday 26 June 2014

A Very Merry Unbirthday to Me! - La Pâtisserie des Rêves - Paris, France

It's been about a week since I have arrived in Paris, and today c'est mon anniversaire! I really don't want to have another birthday yet, so let's just pretend it's an ordinary day thats special? For once I feel no need for all the bells and whistles, I want to do something simple, beautiful and perfect. After much thought, I head to my  chosen patisserie for this un special day, grab a few treats fit for a queen and head to Jardin du Luxembourg.

Strawberry tart - €39

This is the quintessential modern day patisserie, it's like someting out of the Jetsons. I love it! and it's so hygenic.. yes I am a germaphobe :/

So many choices, so little stomach space. Today is un special so I will choose something just for that.

Orange cake - €3.10

Raspberry and matcha tea cake - €3.10

Saint-Honore - €39

Paris brest - €37

Viennoiseries - Brioche!

Apple turnovers and Kouign Amann

Paris brest - €5.90 and Saint-Honore - €6.90

My first (let's not say it) in Paris, I decided to go with the french classics. I'll start with the paris brest, my first bite was like a praline punch to the face but a light and airy one, every mouthful was a flavour explosion. 

Moving onto the Saint-Honore, layers of puff pastry, light choux pastry, caramel and cream. What a delight, such a beautiful dessert, this is my new favourite thing to eat.. like seriously. 

Jardin du Luxembourg

Today has been absolute bliss and I couldn't be happier, things seem to be going in the right direction for a change. I asked for great weather, a beautiful location, a handsome date, delectable pastries and you know what? I got it all. 
I look forward to a new chapter in my life. I only wish I had a full sized kitchen to turn out some recipes. Until then I can only share purchased items going into my belly.

Have a very merry unbirthday wherever you are!

Check them out [here] or [MAP]


Betty Jane x





No comments:

Post a Comment