Wednesday 30 July 2014

Sarnie times! Frenchie to Go - Paris, France


Since I arrived in Paris there has been one place on my mind. Frenchie! Unfortunately they are closed for the summer due to renovations, but next door Frenchie to Go is still open. 

There is something about pulled pork that I absolutely love, I just cannot turn it down. When I first walked past Frenchie to Go I saw it on the menu and it has been visiting me in my dreams ever since. So today I head there for lunch.

I put in my order, find a seat and wait patiently. I have beaten the lunch time crowd and know that my food will be infront of me in a few short minutes. Fifteen minutes later, I'm still waiting as everyone who has ordered before and after me have all finished their meals and moved on. The waitress realises that they have forgotten about my food and puts a priority on it, finally.. my food arrives.

Pulled pork sandwich - Smoked pulled pork, coleslaw and spinach €10

The pulled pork sandwich, is my knight in shining armour that has come to save the day. Full of flavour and everything I had hoped it would be.

Reuben sandwich - Pastrami, cheddar and coleslaw on rye bread €12

Next up, the reuben sandwich and fries (which have been added as a complimentary for the wait). Let me remind you at this point I am starving and the pulled pork was shared, which has just opened up our bellies leaving them wanting more!

The reuben sandwich is burnt! The taste of burnt toast ruins what could have been.. a sick pastrami sandwich! Had I not been so hungry I would have happily sent it back, we have all been in the same situation where we don't want to wait for another one to be cooked. 

Caution - extremely addictive fries.

Though I may have been slightly let down by the reuben sandwich, it won't stop me from coming back. I love the concept, the atmosphere and that everything is made inhouse. New york style with a french twist! Á bientôt!

Check them out [here] or [MAP]


Betty Jane x


No comments:

Post a Comment